Services & Outreach
CTR Supported Programs & Services
- Funded by UT-Battelle, CTR staff created and maintain www.fueleconomy.gov, the official US government source for fuel economy information.
- CTR is a member of TDOT’s Standing Work Zone Committee.
- CTR is on Tennessee’s State Transportation Innovation Council (STIC), a federal/state/local group that selects and guides implementation of technologies that speed delivery of federally funded transportation projects.
- CTR participates in the Strategic Highway Safety Committee, responsible for Tennessee’s highway safety plan.
- TTAP participates in Tennessee’s Every Day Counts (EDC) initiative, partnering with TDOT and FHWA to involve local agency in EDC events.
- With CTR support, Dr. Chris Cherry (CEE) developed the cycleUshare bikeshare system and an open-source bikeshare platform (openbikeshare.org).
- CTR supports the Transportation Speakers Webinar Series, in conjunction with UT Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Southeastern Transportation Center.
- Annual student research poster competitions for STC member universities.
- Afterschool curriculum development for YMCA’s Emerald Youth program
- Annual Tennessee Lifesavers Conference and Annual Law Enforcement Challenge, both of which reach approximately 500 traffic safety professionals each year.
865.974.5255 • FAX 865.974.3889
Center for Transportation Research
309 Conference Center Building
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-4133
Street location: 600 Henley Street
Lissa Gay, email@example.com